This is a “calm” time for me right now, in terms of video games. There’s no HUGE title out there that I’m dying for, except for Pokémon Black and White 2, which doesn’t even come out until June… and if I want to understand anything in the game, the North American version isn’t available until the fall. So I’ve got some down time in terms of games right now, and I’m very happy about that! I can play whichever games I need to catch up on, at my LEISURE, without the pressure of a big event that I need to be prepared for, or feeling obliged to complete a game before some new one comes out. Ahh..
So here’s what’s on my plate. I’m going to list my goals for some of my unfinished games, in hopes that by writing it down, it might actually become a to-do list that I can actually accomplish lol!
- Kid Icarus: Uprising – Earlier this week, I completed the story mode! Hooray! But I only completed it at level 3. And there’s like a billion more weapons, powers, idols and achievements that I haven’t unlocked. Not to mention all the AR cards I haven’t collected or scanned. I’d like to at least be able to improve my skill and increase the difficulty level to hopefully level 5 or 6 someday?
- Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns – There is a TON of stuff I still have to accomplish in this game. Sure, I reunited the two towns, opened the tunnel and all that. But my character isn’t MARRIED yet (that’s like such a big deal in this game lol), I haven’t unlocked half of my farm’s features (such as a rice paddy, a seed maker or a flour mill), and there are lots of tasty dishes I haven’t cooked up yet! There’s always plenty of work to do on a farm, I guess.
- Pokémon SoulSilver – Since I started this game late, I’m not even half way through at this point. My goal here would be to beat the game, and unlock as many legendaries as possible. I need the legendaries so that I’ll have spares to transfer over to the Gen V series games, such as B&W. That way I can keep my fully completed Pokédex in HeartGold intact!
- Mario Kart 7 – It’s somewhat embarrassing for me to admit this, considering how much I had dominated in MK Wii, but I never beat this game. I still have to get gold on the Special Cup to unlock Metal Mario and stuff. And I’ve never really used the racing community features in this game. Not to mention all the ghost time trial StreetPass stuff that I’d like to finish!
- Sonic Generations – I’m not huge into Sonic or anything, but this game is cute and I’ve barely dented it. I’ll probably never beat this game but making progress always gives me a sense of satisfaction, so I’ll keep this one in my mini 3DS games case, should I feel inspired to play a few rounds. This game, in general, is pretty tough and I didn’t have a SEGA growing up, so it’s all kinda alien to me. It’d probably be easier if I knew the right path to take to complete each board lol!
- Spirit Camera – I’m expecting to get this game for my birthday on Saturday. Since it’s an AR game, I am kind of assuming it’s gonna be one of those “high on graphics, low on gameplay” kinda games. I know the 3D and ghost-hunting aspects of the game will be AWESOMEEEE but not really sure if the game has anything to offer in terms of replay value. My goal for this game is to just enjoy it, and hopefully beat it.
- Pokémon Emerald – Might as well throw a GBA game into the mix. I’ve gotten about half way through this game, and it’s really awesome for an older generation game. You can really see how some ideas from Emerald were evolved into newer features in the modern games. So I’d like to complete this game, and see which legendaries I can harvest from it. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY LEGENDARIES!!! lol
- Mario Party 9 – Now onto Wii games. I’d like to unlock all the boards in this game, and hopefully beat the Solo mode. But I don’t really play on my Wii that much so I have no idea when I’ll actually accomplish this! 😛
- Kirby’s Return to Dreamland – This Wii game is so freaking awesome, it’s really a shame that I’m letting it collect dust on my shelf right now. I’d love to complete the story mode in this game, and unlock as many parts of the spaceship as possible. This game is a lot of fun, but even MORE fun if you take advantage of the co-op game play options, so maybe I’ll take it to JDubz’s house and we’ll try to beat the game together.
- Super Paper Mario – I rented this game back in like 2008 when it first came out. Then I got kind of lost in the game (the story line is VERY long and the worlds are huge and you can quickly get confused) and gave up and sent it back to GameFly. Ever since Paper Mario 3D was announced, I’ve been itching to give this Wii version a second chance. I even got the Nintendo Selects edition of this game for Christmas… but I still have yet to take it out of the plastic wrap. So my goal in that game would be to start over and try to actually beat it this time!
Wow… that list came out wayyyy longer than I thought. I highly doubt I’ll be reaching every one of these goals by June 23rd, but hey no rush! This is about relaxing and just doing my thing.
Do you have any goals for your video games? Which games have you kind of overlooked lately? Let me know your goals too! 🙂