Lately I’ve seen a lot of people saying that they don’t want/need a 3DS. Even despite the ridiculous price cut, people still aren’t as interested in the 3DS as Nintendo would like. I often wonder why that is, especially considering how people are DYING to get the Wii U. Is HD gaming really the only thing gamers are interested in these days? I think the lack of interest in the 3DS is due to poor marketing, and the fact that none of the most awesome features are being explained to the public.
TODAY I PLAN TO CHANGE THIS!
Here are my Top 10 Reasons to Get a 3DS System:
- Nintendo Zone. This feature is new and exclusive to the 3DS, due to it’s portability. All you have to do is bring your 3DS with you to a designated retailer or restaurant which hosts the Nintendo Zone, and you are able to access exclusive Nintendo content, videos and even special offers (like my 50% off discount at Best Buy which I blogged about previously).
- Free Apps. Specifically Pokédex 3D, Swapnote and Netflix. (Obv you need a paid subscription to Netflix for that one to work, though.) I’m pretty sure I’ve already discussed how cool Pokédex 3D is… I mean, I can take a 3D photo of a Pokémon in my HAND! Or posed in some funny way! Maybe I should take a few minutes to take some new Pokémon AR photos. Swapnote is the newest free app available, and it’s really cute! You can write notes to your friends, LAYERED IN 3D! There’s cute stationery, you can attach a photo or even a sound clip!
- Super Mario 3D Land. If you are a true Nintendo fan, you need to play this game! The latest Mario installment takes the game to the next level with robust 3D graphics, intense gameplay, 3D images that you can save to your SD card, and the Special World mode! (Spoiler Alert: Luigi comes to upstage Mario in this game!)
- Nintendo eShop. Did you play Super Mario Land back in the early 90’s? Have you ever wished you could revisit that time in your life, but with the ability to actually PAUSE and SAVE your game? Back when the Game Boy game was available, you had to beat the entire game in one sitting. You couldn’t save. However, when you download Virtual Console version of this game from the eShop, you can SAVE YOUR GAME! It’s like a miracle! The eShop’s library is constantly getting new ‘vintage’ titles for a fraction of their original cost, including 3D versions of popular favorites from back in the day!
- Import Your Mii’s. I’m lazy. I didn’t feel like making a ton of new Mii’s to populate my Mii Plaza on my 3DS. Luckily for me, you can transfer any/all/some of your Mii’s that you downloaded or created on the Wii and put them on your 3DS! I love effortless things. And now I can pose all my Mii’s in a lovely portrait using my AR Cards!
- 3D Video. There was a big system update at the end of 2011, and in that update was the ability to record 3D videos! Each video you record can be up to ten minutes long. Imagine the 3D possibilities!
- Mario Kart 7. Do I really need to explain how epic the newest MK game is? You can fly through the sky, submerge into the sea, and continue to whoop your friends’ butts, without the confusion of turning a Wii Wheel! The 3DS’ control pad makes MK7 a lot easier to drive, and the game play is more reminiscent of the N64 and GC versions. And did I mention that you can form racing communities and battle your friends on WiFi?
- You Can Turn OFF the 3D. Some people may not like 3D. They say it hurts their eyes or somethin’. Personally, I don’t have any problem with 3D but everyone’s different. What many people don’t realize is that you can turn OFF the 3D. Or just turn it down really low. Or leave it on for 15 minutes til your eyes hurt, then turn off the 3D. It doesn’t affect game play, the 3D is really only there to enhance your experience! It’s up to you how you want to use it.
- New Games are in 3D. All the newest DS games worth playing are going to be on the 3DS. With Animal Crossing 3DS, Paper Mario 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and many other anticipated titles on the horizon, now is the time to get this amazing console! And it’s inevitable, I’m sure GameFreak will be making a 3D Pokémon game (one that is not Rumble Blast, I should say) that will blow all the previous Pokémon games out of the water. Don’t miss out!
- STREETPASS! I am obsessed with StreetPass. You take your 3DS with you wherever you go, then when you see a green light flashing… YOU GOT A STREETPASS! It’s always so exciting for me. Who did I get? Have I met them before? There are two games in StreetPass Plaza. You can complete Puzzles by exchanging puzzle pieces with people via StreetPass. Or you can play the epic Find Mii II game, where you take your newly acquired Mii friends and battle against ghosts, slimes, ghouls and monsters! That’s not enough for you? Then I should probably mention that most 3DS games also have a StreetPass feature – you can get powerup’s in Super Mario 3D Land. Race ghosts of other people in Mario Kart 7. Trade items in Harvest Moon: ToTT 3D. It’s just so freaking cool.
How could anyone NOT want this??
OK, challenge me. Tell me why you STILL don’t want a 3DS. I’d like to hear your reasons! And don’t just give me that whole region-locked excuse. If you are rich enough to afford buying Japanese games from Japanese websites (and paying outrageous shipping costs), then you can afford a Japanese 3DS too lol!