You don’t want to miss out on the cool, new online features in Pokemon Black and White, via the Pokemon Global Link! http://en.pokemon-gl.com/
Here’s a quick start guide to get you ready for online funtimes!
- If you haven’t already, create an account for yourself at the Pokemon Club! https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/login
- After you’ve activated your Pokemon Club account (you will have to wait until you get your activation email), go to the Global Link website to get started! http://en.pokemon-gl.com/
- Using your Pokemon Club account information, log in to the Global Link.
- When you log in, the Global Link website will want you to select your Global Link username and enter your Game Sync ID. Quick – grab your DS!
- Turn on your DS and go to the main menu in Pokemon Black or White. Select Game Sync Settings from the main menu. The Game Sync will connect to Nintendo WiFi and create a Game Sync ID for you. NOTE: This step is the most important – you can’t connect your Global Link account to your game without a Game Sync ID! If you ever forget your Game Sync ID, you can always find it in this same main menu area of your Pokemon Black or White game.
- When you’re ready, enter the username you want to use for Global Link and your Game Sync ID in their proper fields when the Global Link website asks for it.
- Ta Da! Your account is ready to go! Sweet!
OK so you made an account. Now what?
Well, if you’ve tried out the WiFi Battles in Black and White, you can check your rankings and such. I haven’t done any of that yet, so we’ll umm… take a look at that later or something! :3
BUT you can also access the SUPER EXCITING DREAM WORLD!!!
Here’s how you get started in the Dream World. Keep in mind that you can only access the Dream World section once every 24 hours, and it will automatically log you out of Dream World after an hour, so don’t leave the page open all day and expect everything to be ok! All right now let’s get going.
- First you need to put a Pokemon to sleep. (NO, I don’t mean to kill it!) Make sure to turn your C-Gear on, otherwise you can’t do anything. When your C-Gear is on, tap the Online area of the screen.
- In the Online section, there’s only one button: Game Sync. Tap it! NOW!
- It’ll ask you to save, yadda yadda… tap Yes.
- When Munna appears, you are in the right place! Connect to Nintendo WFC and you will be able to access your Storage Boxes.
- Select a random Pokemon to go to the Dream World. As far as I can tell, it doesn’t matter which one… just keep in mind that you won’t be able to use the Pokemon who’s asleep in your game party while it’s in Dream World.
- Your Pokemon will get tucked into a cute little bed and go to sleep! Yay! You can close and save your game now.
- Log in to your account on the Global Link website. In the left-hand column, you should see the Pokemon you chose in the “Tucked In” section. (If not, give it a minute! Maybe the servers haven’t refreshed or something.)
- When your Pokemon is listed as Tucked In, you’ll see that the big Pokemon Dream World button on the right side of the page will say “Available” so go ahead and click on it! NOTE: If it’s your first time using the Dream World, it might take a few minutes before you can actually enter the Dream World, even if you’ve tucked in a Pokemon and done everything right. Don’t panic and be patient!
- The Dream World site explains pretty much everything else. Read the instructions and have fun!
Remember, you can retrieve your special Dream World Pokemon using the Entralink! (You can only do this after you’ve Wished for the befriended Pokemon at the Wishing Tree in the Dream World. And then of course you’ll have to use C-Gear and go to Game Sync once again to get your sleeping Pokemon back, and that will bring along your wished Pokemon to your Black or White game.)
To get to the Entralink, make sure your character is not in a building, and click on the “Wireless” area of the C-Gear. From the “Wireless” sub-menu, click on Entralink! Voila! Run up to the forest entrance at the northern area of the Entralink to find your new Pokemon friends! :3